The exercise this week involved us taking a photo for 'Time' magazine for a particular product (we did canon) by using a medium format camera (the H3D2). This image was for the 'cover shot' and I posed as the CEO of cannon. I had to look smart, but the picture also had to grab peoples attention because the cover of a magazine is like its selling point, so I had to look directly into the lens of the camera and therefore engage an audience by making eye contact. We went for the 'intimate look' into the CEO of Canon scheme.
We used a simple lightning scheme, 2 lights, one for the background and a soft box at the front to light the subject (me!). We took the photo pretty much right in front of the soft box. The background light was low to create a graduated effect on the white background paper to give the image more depth. I'm pretty happy with the image. I think it addressed the objective of the task - to create an engaging image while learning about the ins and outs of using a medium format camera.
I liked that if you zoom in real close to the subject you can still see amazing detail because of the high resolution of the medium format camera. I can definitely see the merits of using the med format over the usual 35mm DSLR.

No comments:
Post a Comment