Image 1
Before taking this shot, I had been experimenting with different colour cooking dyes. When the colour eventually settled in the water, it had an interesting effect that gave the two larger glasses subject more variation within the photo. The smaller glass reflects the two colours at it's base - tying the whole image together very neatly. The photograph demonstrates the variaty of products for fighting fish and other smaller fish available at Petbarn in an interesting and eye catching way.
Image 2
I like this image better, but it may not be appropriate in a product advertisement context? A small amount of Photoshop was required in refining this image. As well as the usual minor contrast adjustments I had to use the smudge tool to get rid of some of the fingerprints on the glass in the forefront of the image that I hadn't noticed on the camera's display or in the studio.
Setup
Setup
My setup for the glassware shoot. As you can see I used one big softbox to light the subjects from behind, but I found that the black edges of the softbox showed up on the sides of the glasses, so I used white card reflectors to keep that from happening. When shooting, I held another piece of card (seen bottom right) to the softbox with my hand to avoid reflections on the other side. The horizon line of the white table practically disappeared when used in conjunction with the flash so close to the surface - an easier way to do this would have been using the S table, but then I couldn't have arrange the softbox in the way I planned.



No comments:
Post a Comment